enter 64 bit mode
To enter 64-bit mode in assembly language, you need to set the appropriate control registers and enable the long mode. Here are the steps:
- Set the PE (Protection Enable) bit in the CR0 register to enable protected mode.
- Set the PG (Paging) bit in the CR0 register to enable paging.
- Load the address of the page table into the CR3 register.
- Set the PAE (Physical Address Extension) bit in the CR4 register to enable physical address extension.
- Set the LME (Long Mode Enable) bit in the IA32_EFER MSR (Model Specific Register) to enable long mode.
After completing these steps, the processor will be in 64-bit mode.
Please note that the specific instructions and registers may vary depending on the assembly language and processor architecture you are using. It's important to consult the documentation or reference materials for your specific platform.