flask run app reset on change
To enable automatic reset of your Flask app on change, you can follow these steps:
- First, ensure that you have Flask installed. If not, you can install it using pip, a package installer for Python. Open your terminal or command prompt and type:
pip install flask
Once Flask is installed, create a Python file for your Flask app. You can name it
app.pyor any other preferred name. Open the file in a text editor or IDE.
Import the necessary modules for Flask. Typically, you will need to import the
Flaskclass from the
flaskmodule, like this:
from flask import Flask
- Create an instance of the Flask class. This instance will represent your Flask application. You can name it
appor choose any other name you prefer, like this:
app = Flask(__name__)
__name__ parameter is a special variable that represents the name of the current module. It will be different depending on whether the module is being run standalone or imported as a module.
- Define your routes and view functions. Routes define the URL paths that your application will respond to, and view functions handle the logic for each route. For example, you can define a route for the home page and a corresponding view function, like this:
return 'Hello, World!'
- Add a conditional statement to check if the current module is the main module. This ensures that the development server only runs when the script is executed directly, and not when it is imported as a module. Add the following code at the end of your script:
if __name__ == '__main__':
debug=True parameter enables the debug mode, which provides more detailed error messages and automatically reloads the application when changes are detected.
- Save your changes and run the Flask application. In your terminal or command prompt, navigate to the directory where your
app.pyfile is located, and then run the following command:
This will start the development server and display the URL where your Flask application is running, typically
Now, whenever you make changes to your Flask app's code and save the file, the development server will automatically reset and reflect the changes.
That's it! You have successfully set up your Flask app to automatically reset on change.