pycharm flask invalid or missing encoding declaration
- Open your project in PyCharm.
- In the project directory, locate the file that is causing the "invalid or missing encoding declaration" error.
- Open the file in PyCharm's code editor.
- Look for the line of code that is causing the error.
- Check if there is an encoding declaration at the top of the file. An encoding declaration is a comment that specifies the character encoding of the file.
- If there is no encoding declaration, add one to the top of the file. The encoding declaration should be in the format
# -- coding: utf-8 --where
utf-8is the desired encoding.
- If there is already an encoding declaration, make sure it is correct. Common encodings include
- Save the file and try running your Flask application again.
By adding or correcting the encoding declaration in your Flask file, you are specifying the character encoding of the file. This helps Python correctly interpret the characters in the file and avoid any encoding-related errors.