units in solidity
In Solidity, units are used to specify the type and size of variables. Here are some commonly used units in Solidity:
- Wei: Wei is the smallest unit of Ether in Solidity. It is equivalent to 1x10^-18 Ether.
- Ether: Ether is the main cryptocurrency in the Ethereum network. It is the base unit of value in Solidity.
- Finney: Finney is a unit of Ether equal to 1x10^-3 Ether.
- Szabo: Szabo is a unit of Ether equal to 1x10^-6 Ether.
- Wei per second: Wei per second is a unit used to measure the rate of gas consumption in Solidity.
- Hertz: Hertz is a unit used to measure the rate of events in Solidity, such as the frequency of function calls.
These units are used in Solidity to specify the type of variables, such as uint, int, and address. They allow for precise control over the size and range of numerical values in Solidity programs.