spring boot interview questions 2020
Spring Boot is a popular framework for developing Java applications. It provides a simplified approach to building enterprise-level applications by offering a set of pre-configured components and conventions. If you're preparing for a Spring Boot interview in 2020, here are some common questions and their explanations:
- What is Spring Boot?
Spring Boot is an open-source framework that simplifies the development of Java applications. It eliminates the need for manual configuration by providing defaults and auto-configuration for various components. With Spring Boot, developers can focus on writing business logic rather than configuring the application.
What are the advantages of using Spring Boot?
Spring Boot offers several advantages, including:
- Simplified configuration: Spring Boot provides default configuration for various components, making it easy to set up an application.
- Rapid development: With Spring Boot, developers can quickly create applications using built-in features and starters.
- Microservices support: Spring Boot is well-suited for building microservices-based architectures.
- Production-ready: Spring Boot provides features like health checks, metrics, and externalized configuration, which are essential for production-ready applications.
What is the difference between Spring and Spring Boot?
Spring is a framework that provides various modules for developing Java applications. Spring Boot, on the other hand, is a framework built on top of Spring that simplifies the development process by providing defaults and auto-configuration. Spring Boot eliminates the need for manual configuration, making it easier and faster to develop Spring applications.
What is the use of @SpringBootApplication annotation?
The @SpringBootApplication annotation is a combination of three annotations: @Configuration, @EnableAutoConfiguration, and @ComponentScan. It is used to mark the main class of a Spring Boot application. This annotation enables auto-configuration and component scanning, allowing the application to automatically configure itself based on the classpath and scan for Spring components.
What is Spring Boot Starter?
Spring Boot Starter is a dependency that provides a set of pre-configured dependencies for a specific functionality. For example, the spring-boot-starter-web dependency includes all the necessary dependencies to build a web application using Spring Boot. Starters allow developers to quickly bootstrap their applications without worrying about configuring individual dependencies.
How can you customize the configuration in Spring Boot?
- In Spring Boot, you can customize the configuration using application.properties or application.yml files. These files are typically placed in the src/main/resources directory of your project. By adding properties or YAML entries in these files, you can override the default configuration provided by Spring Boot.
These are just a few examples of Spring Boot interview questions and their explanations. Remember to research further and practice coding examples to enhance your understanding of Spring Boot. Good luck with your interview preparation!